Jun 28, 2010

The Children's Lit Project!

Happy New week everyone!


On my Internet Surfing I came across this beautiful quote that really describe what are books, and I must share it with you:


"Without books, history is silent, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill...They are the engines of change, windows on the world, and...'Lighthouses erected in the sea of time' They are companions, teachers, magicians, bankers of the treasures of the mind, books are humanity in print"
-Barbara Tuchman


Also on my internet surfing the resources that the "Illustrating Children Picture books" recommends, I came across this website called "Library of the Early Mind", prepare to get excited. Is a blog about a documentary to be released about  children literature. They have interviews with such amazing illustrators, writers, editors, and publishers. I'm so excited for this film, and here is the trailer for it. Prepare your 3d glasses now.....Kidding you don't need it. Enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment