Mar 5, 2010

Ecollustration of the week: The Henna Flute Player

Here is the piece that I'm working for the "Drawgasmic Show ", If it looks familiar is because is a better and bigger version of the henna painting I did, and I been waiting to refine it. Here it is. I'm done with the inking, then will go with the watercolors and finished with Gouache. I'm pretty happy how it looks so far. One of my struggles as an illustrator is my human forms, and I think is that I always try to stay realistic, you know include the nose,the chin, the real proportions and all that. Don't get me wrong, it is very important to know all the fundamentals, which is why is important to have life drawing classes( I plan to sit in in some of life drawing classes that they have at the Oregon College of Art and Design, where I'll start the next step in my career life). As I was saying, this time I'm going back to just being loose with my human forms as long as they read "Human". Well I'm excited to work more in this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment