Mar 2, 2010

Follow the Grid, Bend the Grid and Break the Grid

Other than loving my illustration classes at Otis College of Art and Design, I also loved taking the graphic design classes specially those in laying out the pages of a book, this book was my best friend when I was in that graphic design class. The reason I love this book is because not only it teaches you about the importance of a grid, and why one should have a grid, it also shows an example of many types of grid you can build. Then it also shows you that is ok to bend the rules, as long as there is a good reason for it and as well for those dare devils it shows you how sometimes you can get away from breaking the rules of a grid. So this book is a good glass lesson summarized for you. I like books who shows you not only the good outcomes by following all those great steps,I love those who encouraged to push far, because if it doesn't work you can always step back. Here take a peek.
MAKING AND BREAKING THE GRID BY TIMOTHY SAMARA




No comments:

Post a Comment