Feb 23, 2011

The Art of Lisbeth Zwerger

This week "From My Library to Yours" we have The Art of Lisbeth Zwerger by Lisbeth Zwerger. Lisbeth Zwerger is a winner of the 1990  Hans Christian Andersen award, which is like the Nobel prize for illustrators.  This book is exquisite, I love to spent hours in a couch drinking my tea and just studying her illustrations for hours, that's how exquisite it is. You can clearly see her strong influences Arthur Rackham and E.H. Shepard in her style. Anyway Here is a peek of the book:


Click image to buy book






The little toucan is my new page holder helper "Tupi."

Her work is beautiful!, can you believe that at first she was discouraged to follow children illustration? As cheesey I'm about to sound I have to say I'm so glad she listened to her heart.

She has no website (sad I know) but HERE is an interview of her.

2 comments:

  1. You used the hand that we bought for you! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! and not just as a page holder, it has helped me improve my hand sketching skills.

    ReplyDelete