Feb 4, 2011

The Google Art Project

Today I went to the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam.


Virtually.


Thanks to Google, I was able to get reaaally close to the paintings and be able to see Van Gogh's thick brushstrokes (amazing!)  and no one told me to step back and it was a delicious feeling.  No just that, also each painting has information about its history and its artist (some come with videos!).


So exciting!


Here are 3 quick amazing videos about the project. My favorite is the behind the scenes one, I always love to see the process of how a project was done.






Visit the project at : http://www.googleartproject.com/


Another reason to love google :)


I already know I'll be spending most of my weekend exploring all these museums, while drinking a cup of hot chocolate. 


Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments: