Feb 2, 2011

Rodica Prato








I love the maps & travel illustrations of Rodica Prato, they speak to the little explorer inside of me. Makes me crave paint a map and its little details :)

She's romanian, an architect turned illustrator currently living in New york. Her studio is located in the Carnegie Hall building, oh and the library of congress asked her to donate some of her artworks to the Geography and Map Division. Very cool no?

Check out her website for more illustrations: www.rodicaprato.com

3 comments:

  1. Very cool, yes.

    I always loved the simple little maps at the beginning of fantasy books. Somebody should get her to make a map for their book (I'm talking to you George R. R. Martin!)

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha That's exactly how I found her! the black and white map shown here was at the beginning of the book "The Alchemist" by Paul Coelho. (great book by the way,highly recommend it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the digital copy 👍

    ReplyDelete